Almost Time

| |

Well, it's just about that time again.  For me, anyway.  It's usually about the time that the tulips start peeking out from the flower bed floor that I start to think about gardening.  Those first hints of green that seem to just happen overnight get my wheels turning and I think the same thing for the last few years now...

"Wow, last year was really horrible... but I really would like to try again."

And that's how it happens every year since the first year. 
This year I am living with my mother and that should prove to be advantageous for my gardening.  She is a great support when it comes to growing things of all kinds (including plants and children).  Not only will she be available to offer good advise, but she can also keep an eye on my veggies while I am at work and maybe even do a little weeding for me!
Caleb has decided to plant come cucumbers this year because he enjoyed eating them straight from the garden last year.  I would like to try growing some beans again - I failed miserably last year.  And to think the package even said "Absolutely Guaranteed To Grow!" Just like seamonkeys.  If something is absolutely guaranteed to grow... well, I guess it grew a little, but it was nothing near flourishing. 
My boyfriend, Travis, insists that he loves gardening.  So, I guess we are about to find out. He wants to plant the beans so he can pickle them... I should point out that neither of us know how to pick anything except for eggs!  My sister has a friend who is great at pickling things, so we may be paying her a visit this Summer.
Over all, I think this growing season is going to be a good one.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails