I Want a Pool, Too...

| |

Last September I went to visit my family in Mississippi. I make the 2,500 mile trip at least once a year, but the most recent trip was especially important to me.  This was the first time that my little son was old enough to fly with me.  I was so excited to bring him, even more so after he commented that the sun was "broken" here in the Pacific Northwest.  He was excited to go because my uncle, who we were staying with, had planned a huge pool party to celebrate our arrival!

The pool party was the day after our arrival since we got in to town late in the afternoon.  Party or no party, there was no keeping Caleb out of that pool!  He's been taking swimming lessons in an indoor pool around our home town, so he was feeling pretty confident.  It was so warm out, but there had been a rain recently that cooled down the water in the pool.  That meant that jumping in was cool and refreshing!

The next day was the pool party and we had a blast!  There were kids and dogs and family and friends all over the place!  My uncle had a smoker and 3 BBQs going at once!  There were a ton of pool accessories and toys to mess around with. The coolest one was a huge inflatable slide that you put on the deck edge of the pool! I was able to have peace of mind about all of the kids in the yard because my uncle had just gotten a nice fence from his pool supply company to keep the kids and the dogs out if no one was there to watch them around the water.  We were in and out of the pool all day until well after the sun went down and the kids went to bed!

Reminiscing about all of that makes me want a pool so bad!  Caleb has been asking for one as well.  He had never seen someone with a pool at their house before.  Now that he knows such a thing exists he definitely has it on his wish list.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails