Broc a Lot!

| |




This Summer weather has been doing wonders for my garden! My broccoli is not only confirmed at broccoli, but it's getter bigger and bigger every day! I have to say that so far, the broccoli is my biggest success.

This gardening season has been full of ups an downs for me. A few time in the last couple of months, I've wondered what the heck I was even trying to accomplish. Yesterday, Caleb ate snow peas fresh off the plant. He didn't even have to drown them in dressing. For dinner he picked up a piece of cauliflower and said, "Oh! Broccoli!" and gobbled it up. Close enough for me!

What I wanted from this garden was a way for Caleb and I to spend time together outside. It was supposed to be a little project we could do together. I was also hoping that it would get him to eat more veggies. At the very least, my green has accomplished those things. It's also taught me a lot about perseverance and patience.

This is really something... And I love it, good, bad, and wilty.

2 comments:

Priscilla @ Homegrown Delight said...

Beautiful Broccoli Kimmi! Great job in the garden. I'm still waiting for mine and also waiting for Tomatoes, Peppers, Tomatillos, Green Beans, Zucchini, and potatoes. My Summer Lettuce are finally growing big. Seriously I'm losing patience, I'm new to veggie gardening and it seems to be taking forever! Great to hear kids eating their veggies and you get to spend time together. Someday when hubby and I have children, I want to teach them about gardening and eating fresh, healthy vegetables!

Kimmi said...

It does seem like it is taking forever, I know how you feel! We waited so long to see the sun this year that I was doubting if anything was going to grow at all. I am still waiting on my tomatoes as well. I have noticed that one is flowering and I hope it gets pollinated so that I can have some tomatoes! The beefsteak tomatoes haven't started to flower yet, but I think that with a little more sun they will. Tomorrow is going to be 100 degrees, I think I will bring my broccoli inside!

Related Posts with Thumbnails