Weeding: Sector One

| |

Hello Gardening Mentors!
I've taken your advice and have sectioned off my yard for weeding purposes. Today I weeded around the garden as it is my favorite part of the yard. It took me about an hour, but it went by pretty quickly and I did a very thorough job. Everything is now pristine and not tainted by unwanted weeds.

I did happen to see something glorious in the garden while I was weeding... Ladybugs! Hooray! For some reason they were crawling around on some yucky weeds, but they didn't seem perturbed at all when I gently moved them to the tomato plants. There were a few of them, so I let Caleb "catch" one and put it in his bug keeper for a little while. He is very good about letting his little critters go so she was released back into the tomatoes shortly after.





They were such good tempered little ladybugs. I hope I get to see them tomorrow.

P.S. Took this ladybug picture from the web. I wasn't quick enough to think of snapping a picture of our little guests. Trust me though, they looked just like this one.

4 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Nice ladybug! I haven't seen any yet in our garden.

Kimmi said...

I was super excited to see the ladybugs! After a short bit of rejoicing, I inspected my plants for aphids, didn't find any, and proceeded with further rejoicing!

thyme2garden said...

First, I thought YAY, she got the weeding done. Then I thought WOW, she took a great close-up picture of the ladybug, before I saw the p.s. :)

Kimmi said...

Aww! Sorry to disappoint! I have been carrying my camera, or at least my cell phone around my garden lately. The ladybugs just caught me off guard!

Related Posts with Thumbnails