My Gardening Pal

| |




I love taking my cockatiel out into the garden with me. His wings are clipped so he can't fly away and our fenced backyard is a safe place for him to ride around on my shoulder. He enjoys playing in the sunshine and listening to the wild birds that stop by the feeders.

His name switches back and forth between Arrr Matey and Captain; whichever Caleb is feeling like that day. Officially I would have to say that his name is Captain and that he is probably going to learn how to say Arrr Matey.

Captain sits on my shoulder while I weed and water the plants. He also hangs out with me while I sit in the garden at sunset. I like the way he tweets and whistles while he's outside. It's easy to tell that he loves being in the garden as much as I do.

3 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Captain is a beauty. Adorable gardening pal! Sometimes when I'm gardening I have a visitor. http://ilovecatnip.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-was-outside-working-on-garden-today.html

Melissa said...

That's so awesome!

Kimmi said...

Thanks! He's a really good little bird. I have only had him since May, but he's so friendly because he was hand raised!

Related Posts with Thumbnails