The Bright Side of the Gloom

| |

I thought this picture would be self explanatory, but maybe not.



You see, this picture appears to only represent one week's worth of weather. In reality, it's much more than that. This week of solid rain marks the beginning of the rainy season in the Pacific Northwest. A rainy season that last time, lasted until July and even tried to infiltrate August.

I'm not sure how much more of this I can handle before I try to seek out a different climate. It's not just the rain and the gloom, it's the wet socks, the muddy dog prints, and the frizzy hair.

I'm going to have to focus on the bright side. I have a huge covered porch so I can still spend some dry time outside. I can also plant my garden in containers so I don't have to give that up. I have a fireplace to cozy up to, and I cam spend my time knitting and crocheting. Oh! But that's a story for another time!

4 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Wow that is a lot of rain! Can you send some here?

Priscilla @ Homegrown Delight said...

We didn't even get rain here in the mountains. It sounds so beautiful and you're right, you can plant in containers, let's appreciate every season! :)

Kimmi said...

I usually love Autumn. I'm determined to enjoy this season if it kills me!

Melissa said...

Awe...I remember when the rain finally let up for you before summer... That's so fun your mom is blogging with you now! I wish my mom did!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails