See For Yourself

| |

Here is a picture of my Vampire Broccoli NOT enjoying the morning sun. I am amazed at how quickly they start to droop when the sun comes out. It wasn't very warm when I took this picture; couldn't have been over 65 degrees yet. My broccoli sees the sun and it just recoils in sadness. I am so glad that I potted them in these containers so that they can be moved around my yard throughout the day.

At some point or another, every bit of my yard gets sun, and that is bad news for these little plants. I'll be able to scoot their containers around the porch and keep them in the shade. They have been really enjoying this nasty weather we have been having. No sun to speak of except for the lovely weather yesterday and a short sunburst today. I am wondering when my broccoli is going to start looking edible. I would love to see some broccoli heads already like somebody!

5 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

My cabbages have been wilting in the heat, too. It's only 80, but they sure don't like it after all the cool, wet weather.

Annie*s Granny said...

Hey, your comments are working now! I was leaving comments for every post, but the verification word was blocked, so I finally gave up :-(

Kimmi said...

Hi Granny! I didn't know you were trying to leave comments, but then I guess I wouldn't since it wasn't working! Glad to know things are working alright now, and thanks for the comments :)

Priscilla @ Homegrown Delight said...

Hi, left you a comment on another post. Cute garden! I'm from CA, gardening in the mountains. My husband dreams of living in Vancouver, WA. How is it like? I just bought broccoli and want to plant it in my raised beds soon. I grew organic tomatoes from seeds and is about 1' now. I can't wait! I also have Jalapenos, Lettuce, Zucchini, Beans, & Peas that I'm waiting for. Feel free to visit my little garden! I love to meet new people. http://blossomhideaway.blogspot.com/
Thanks! :)

Kimmi said...

HI Priscilla,
Now is probably not the best time to ask me about living in Vancouver. We are currently having the rainiest "Summer" since 1944. Sometimes we have great warm Summers, not too hot with a cool breeze. This year we are getting nonstop rain. Everything is soaking wet and I am longing for something warmer!

Related Posts with Thumbnails