Fried Green Tomatoes

| |

I'm very excited because last night was the first time that I ate some of my tomatoes. Yes, they are green. I've been very open with the fact that the only reason I chose beefsteak tomatoes is because I think they make the best fried green tomatoes. They get nice and big before they turn red and they have a great tart flavor that goes great with the seasonings in the batter.

My tomatoes turned out great! They were so tasty and perfect. I think that next time I will wait for the tomatoes to get a little bigger before i fry them up, but just because then I will have more tomato to eat! Yum!


The napkin says fresh fit, and while these were as fresh as it gets, they are definitely not fit!

2 comments:

Priscilla @ Homegrown Delight said...

Great looking Tomatoes! I might have to do fried green Tomatoes since I have many that haven't ripen and the weather is getting cooler!. Hopefully harvest will be better next year! However, fried green Tomatoes sounds good :)

Kimmi said...

Thanks Priscilla! I really do love them and I'm excited that I get to have them pretty much whenever I want now! My plants are just full of them. I was trying to wait for some of them to turn red, but my son was "helping" me in the garden and he pulled a whole bucket full of them off their vines yesterday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails