Timeline of My Mom's Critters

| |

When my mom started her garden about 4 years ago, little birds started visiting her yard. So she got a bird feeder.



Little squirrels started raiding the bird feeders. She wanted to keep them out but she didn't want them to be hungry. So, she started putting peanuts out for the squirrels.

The blue jays flew away with all of the peanuts. So, my mom put the peanuts in a squirrel feeder.



Buy mom didn't want the blue jays to be hungry so she started putting pieces of dog food out for them.

Raccoons started coming around to eat the dog food that was set out for the blue jays. So, my mom started putting cat food out on the other side of the house for the raccoons.



One particularly hot day, the farmer's cows wandered very near to my mom's back fence. Worried that it was too hot for them to make it back to the creek to drink, she put out a bucket of water for them.

After the cows went home and the sun started to go down, coyotes came out and found the water and drank it. Now my mom has a permanent coyote drinking station outside of her back gate.



Perhaps next time I will write about how she came to have this many cats.







4 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

Oh, Kimmi...I don't know if that was meant to be funny, but I laughed until the tears ran down my cheeks! I think I love your mother :-D

Kimmi said...

I showed my mom your Harvest Monday pictures and she thinkgs she loves you too! :D

meemsnyc said...

Awww, so cute! Your mom is awesome!

Kimmi said...

Thanks Meemsnyc, she IS awesome, and she doesn't even have to try.

Related Posts with Thumbnails