Bi-Zi Farms Vancouver, WA

| |


A few days ago I made my first trip to Bi-Zi Farms in Vancouver, WA. When we pulled up, my mom was quick to point out the chickens and bunnies that were roaming around. "They're just walking around," she said, "They're walk-around chickens". We later teased her when a walk-around cat came walking by.

Outside there was a small covered nursery area where I picked up a bell pepper start for only $1.98, and my mom got some peppers and a pumpkin. All of the plants looked lovely and were priced low. There were tomatoes that were just starting to flower for $2.98, and they were very healthy and strong looking. There was a nice selection of vegetables and there were plenty of flowers as well.

Inside their farmer's market, they sell fruits and vegetables grown on the farm. My favorite item is the pickled garlic, which is just slightly spicy and is great in tuna salad, but also as a crunchy snack. Both of those instances assume that you don't have anyone to smooch with afterwards.

While I was there, a habanero jelly and local honey caught my eye. There were 3 types of honey available: wild blackberry, raspberry, and wild flower. I have been wanting to try rose honey for a long time and have never found it. I couldn't decide on what variety to bring home, so I am going to go back again when I can grab all three. That's something I can guarantee, I'll be back again soon.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails