How Gardening Has Changed My Life 4

| |

Today, I let my son play in dirt. There is a large pile of dirt that is left over from when I dug out the garden bed. Caleb got out his bulldozer and his dump truck toys and thoroughly played in the dirt. Of course, our trusty dog, Chopper, was right by his side. They dug and rolled in the dirt together, just like a couple of little boys.

While they were getting dirty, I sat on my porch and played the guitar. I played old Southern Gospel hymns while I overlooked their dirt construction zone. Here are some things that I saw.
  1. A hummingbird ate from our feeder
  2. A chickadee ate from our seed feeder
  3. A squirrel barked at our dog, just to get even
  4. A butterfly landed on a flower
  5. My son ate dirt
  6. My son fed his dog dirt

I love just sitting out here at all different times of the day. Everything changes as the sun moves across the yard. I love it so much; I don't even want to go inside. So, we are grilling for dinner. More time outside!

2 comments:

Priscilla @ Homegrown Delight said...

Great reasons to garden. Garden is therapy for me :) By the way my husband dreams of moving to Vancouver, WA. How is it like, have you always lived there? Feel free to visit my CA mountain garden blog. Thanks!

Kimmi said...

I'm originally from Mississippi, but I have lived in Vancouver most of my life, with short stays in other states. No matter where I go, I always seem to come back here - and pretty close to the same neighborhood! This rain has really been getting to me lately, and I am seriously considering moving to CA myself! My 2 year old son came to me crying, saying the sun is "bwoken"!

Related Posts with Thumbnails