How Gardening Has Changed My Life 1

| |

It might seem as though it hasn't been long enough, but gardening has already changed my life. I was kneeling next to my snow pea plant untangling its delicate little curls from around itself, when something caught my eye. A spider. Not just any spider. A big spider. Not just any big spider. A gross, green, giant spider - a Triple G.

Shock and horror erupted inside of me (in that order). A Triple G spider had made its home inside of one of the still folded leaves of my precious snow pea! The nerve! The audacity! How dare such a disgusting creature come anywhere near by beautiful container garden! This horrid offender must suffer for such nauseating actions!

I stayed my hand. I know that in a garden, spiders are important. First of all, spiders - even Triple Gs, don't eat plants. Secondly, they eat other bugs that do. Althought it is completely against my nature, and its something I have never done before, I let the spider alone. I let it live. It remains, gross, green, and giant; tucked away inside of the still folded leaf of my snow pea plant.

That is how gardening has changed my life - so far.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails