Pondless Waterfall

| |

I am thrilled to have a garden. I love to sit next to my humble little garden bed and watch my plants flutter in the breeze. Since I have been spending so much time outside in my backyard, I have noticed something terrible. My back yard is ugly.

To be more precise, it's a diamond in the rough. We had a long Winter of neglect. There are weeds towering everywhere. The lawn needs to be edged. There is a patch of dirt where the previous tenants failed at a garden and the grass seed failed to germinate. A few camping chairs are my only form of lawn furniture. There is a large pile of limbs from some trees that were cut down last Summer.

I have already started the process of beautifying my yard. It's been slow going. I try to do a little bit everyday, but it's so overwhelming that I feel as if I haven't gotten anything done. I've decided to give myself a goal. I am creating an image that I want to strive for. I have decided that once my yard is completely cleaned, I will reward myself by building a water feature.

Since I have a 2 year old, and a water loving dog, I have decided to go with a pondless waterfall. I was poking around on the web and found this.

There are a lot of different varieties, some of them more elaborate than others. I am looking for something easy to build and simple looking. I like how this one has a little area on top to plant things.

The good news is that my house is build in an old river bed, and I have an over abundance of river rock. I also have some huge boulders that can go underground to fill up the under gravel pond. The only rocks that I will need to acquire will be the flat rocks. Exciting? Yes, I know!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails